More Children in Worship -- Oct 7

...we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. Psalm 78:4

As I was getting ready to leave the sanctuary on Sunday morning a first grader came up to me with an offering envelope. Inside the envelope was one dollar, but the real gift was on the outside of the envelope. She drew a picture of a cross on a hill with clouds around the cross. Over the picture she wrote:

"I like to go to church. I do it difrint today. I go to big church. I love you God!"

I put the dollar with the other gifts received in the morning and put the envelope in my bible as a reminder of what we are about as a church.

Three observations and three questions:

  • She talked to me. I like adults talking to me after the service, but I love it when children and students are comfortable talking to "Pastor Mike."
  • She knew something was difrint. Her parents prepared her for "big church" and made it special.
  • She gave of herself. The picture, the dollar, the expression of love to God were all part of what she gave in worship Sunday.

  • What will God do in her little heart in the Sanctuary that wouldn't have been done anywhere else?
  • What will God do in us because she is in worship with us?
  • How will our stories be told for generations because she is part of our community?

I can't wait to see how her story develops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cappadocia

Camino de Santiago Day Thirty-seven and Thirty-eight: We made it!

Camino de Santiago Day Thirty-four to Thirty-six